Wednesday, December 19, 2012

In loving memory of Grandpa Tomas



Pic from FB

It's my maternal grandfather's birthday today.  He would have been 103 if he hadn't died on 12 August 2003.  I was always his pet.  I remember growing up with everyone telling me this.

His last years had not been good but he was always a jovial and happy man.  He thought me to play checkers and I had never won any game with him.  Even when he was old and frail, his mind was still sharp.  It gave him great pleasure to play and win.  

When he died, I didn't feel much sadness.  He was so old and already bedridden.  His only pleasure was watching TV and visits from the family.  I think the inactivity hurt him more than the physical disability.

He lived through two world wars and he had a life filled with love and laughter.  That's how I will always remember him.

Today I'm thinking of him and I'm missing him, especially.
Pic from FB
Horatio Tomas Sr

Birth: 19 December 1909
Death: 12 August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment