Tuesday, January 01, 2013

A whole new start!


So it's a brand new slate: for you and for me.  Everybody likes a fresh beginning.  It's good to be able to look back with satisfaction at all the things one has completed.  

Two highlights of 2012 for me:

1.  SFGEMS:  I created this new blog when I lost all the images in the old one.  Learnt from that mistake. However, I seem to be doing well with this one.  My stats are not impressive by any standard but in my world, it's still something to be proud of.  Especially since it's less than a year old.  Thankfully, blogspot keeps a record of everything and if I have nothing to do, I can have a look and feel a sense of satisfaction that there are people who visit.

Needless to say, even if there was no visitor to my blog, I'd still write.  It's what I like to do.  Besides, often when I look back at the old entries, I am amazed that I had forgotten about what I wrote.  

2.  PROJECT 366:  I challenged myself to take a photo a day and there were days when I drove Stephen crazy because I wanted to stop and take pictures.  Now when we look back at the 366 photos of 2012, it seems like only yesterday when I started with the first one.  If you are interested, I can send you a link!  We just browsed through them all and feel glad that some memories had been recorded and remembered.

Pic from FB
And so a new chapter for 2013 starts.  I plan to continue with SFGEMS and hope that Stephen will contribute since he is 50% of the blog name. 

I also intend to start Project 52.  I will take a picture or a collage for the next 52 weeks.  It's not so challenging as a picture a day and it will serve as a nice virtual and nostalgic trip at the end of the year.

Once more, I'd like to wish you, my dear visitor, a wonderful year ahead.

Love

to make your memories brighter...


Peace
to make your heart at rest...



Joy
to make your celebration wonderful
and really blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment