Saturday, August 30, 2014

Stairway to health


Just over two years ago, whenever I saw a flight of steps, I'd groan inside my head.  Now after a steady albeit inconsistent regime of walking and some cycling, I have overcome my dislike of stairs.  I see one and I think "no problem" and just walk up or down.  


Stephen dashes to the Toa Payoh Hub and back when we need something. He used to walk to and fro without problem but the bicycle is a much faster mode.

On a good day, he can walk or cycle for hours.  Often he'd do a combination of cycle/walk/cycle or cycle/swim/cycle.  I am in awe of his energy, especially after a full day of work.  There are times when he wakes up at 4.30 am to go for a brisk walk around and when he's back, I'm still asleep! :-) 

I'm not on par with him where stamina and energy is concerned but because of his enthusiasm, I have improved from the sloth that I was. 

Pic from WWW

I seem to have rhythms of three or four days and then I stop for a couple of days again.  Now I've decided that I will be disciplined and start September with a simple routine.  It's all about setting one's mind to achieving it and getting it done.

Let's see then... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment