Monday, September 08, 2014

Breathing in and out

Image from Pinterest

I had not wanted to write anything today. I thought that maybe it's just better to remember quietly and keep the thoughts close to my heart.

But three-quarters of the day has passed and still my mind drifts to my father who passed away twenty-four years ago today.

Much as I tried to stay busy, walking around and eventually baking a cake to keep occupied, I still wondered about my dad.

There are so many questions about death and answers are still unknown.  Perhaps that is why people are never really able to forget.  Some can, I guess but for me, it's still difficult and every anniversary brings a sadness that stays for awhile.

Today, as I breathe in and out, I think of my dad again and again.  No point fighting it.  





No comments:

Post a Comment