Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Thankful and blessed



I've been sick for longer than I like to remember and this time, I was really almost flat out (Stephen's words).  There was a moment when I actually thought I'd have to be hospitalised.  Perish that thought since I've never ever had to be in any kind of hospital except when I had my two kids.

Stephen knew I was ill when I decided to go to the doctor.  He knows I never go unless I really have to and when I said I needed to see the doctor, he was worried.  I am more of a self-medicating type of person. 

On the positive side, I saw an aspect of Stephen that I had never known.  He was able to look after me, look after the house and still maintain his cheerful disposition.

I used to joke with him that he'd not be able to handle me if I get sick but I take all that back. He was wonderful and did more than I dreamed he would do.

First, he took Family Care Leave and stayed home so that I wouldn't have to do anything.  After four days, he went back to work, I was much better and although I wasn't a hundred per cent back to what I was, I did feel able to manage on my own.

In life, we need to be able to count on our spouse for everything.  Stephen just passed the test with flying colours.  I couldn't have asked for a better caregiver.  

I'm alive and I'm well and more in love than I've ever been.

The good news is that I had a forced detox and I feel so much better now.  Went off coffee and all junk food for two weeks.

The better news is that I finished two courses of antibiotics and I'm done with all the medication.

The best news is that I shed the weight that I was struggling to  lose ever since I landed in Singapore. That's not really the best news.  It's just vanity talking.  The best news is that I am fully recovered and feeling great again.  

I'm very thankful and truly blessed.  

Good bye September!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment