Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Turn it around....

Image from Pinterest
We all long for someone to come along and turn the hourglass when everything hits the bottom.  

For this reason, even when I don't feel like it, I go out on a limb for others because I could very well be the only person turning the hourglass for that someone. Even if I am unable to solve the problem or have any answers, I believe that listening and responding is better than nothing.

Often I don't have any particular reason to do what I do except that I probably have a higher level of empathy.  I feel for others and understand that people need to know they aren't alone.

I can be alone and I'm never lonely but there are hundreds of people who feel left out and marginalised.

My morning and night prayers always start with these words, "Bless all the old people in the world, the little children, the hungry, the lonely, the sick, the unloved and all those who are alone".  It's something I've prayed thousands of times. 

If you've reached the end of this blogpost, think about someone who needs their hourglass turned and go turn it around.



No comments:

Post a Comment