Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Corazon means heart




Just a month ago, our beloved uncle Ralph Lesslar passed away suddenly. His death was a shock to us and it took a while for us to reconcile with the fact that he was really gone.  
~~~
Then yesterday, we woke up to the news that Mr Lee Kuan Yew had died after being in hospital since 5 February. It wasn't a total surprise because pneumonia at the age of 91 is usually fatal.  Plus there had been almost hourly updates of his deteriorating condition. Even when it was expected, it was strange to feel teary-eyed when reading all the comments and tributes to him.

I didn't know him personally but, of course, have heard of him.  Living in Singapore since three years ago has given me a first-hand perspective of the life and people here.  It's also exposed me to the quality and standard of living that I now enjoy and miss when I am away.  From all the testimonies and superlatives about him, I have to join the Singaporeans in their grief.

Anyway, this blog post isn't about him although the familiar feeling of sadness was prompted by the thousands if not millions of lovely and loving memories shared about him.
~~~
This is about my Aunt Corazon who died one year ago today.  I miss her.

Love never dies.  Not for the living anyway...





No comments:

Post a Comment