Monday, March 21, 2016

57 years today

Image from Twitter

It was a lovely surprise that the children conspired, with Stephen, to appear suddenly at nearly 2 am on Saturday morning.  There was a flurry of messages going on between them without my knowledge. Certainly a well-kept secret because I was totally taken aback when they arrived.  

I was not at all in a celebratory mood.  I hardly ever make a fuss over my birthday.  It's just another day for me.  This year I did find my thoughts drifting to my dad who died at the age of 57.  And now I'm his age!  He seemed so much older than I feel now.

But the kids always bring a buzz with them.  Their youth and zest for life is catching.  For this reason alone, I did feel thankful and blessed that they came.  As I commented to a friend, "money cannot buy" the presence of my nearest and dearest. It's a present in and of itself.  

As the day comes to an end, it's wonderful to just breathe in the moment and remember that life is to be lived.  

I will go to bed tonight thinking of this bible verse as I begin my 57th year around the sun!

Image from Pinterest





No comments:

Post a Comment