Wednesday, August 16, 2017

No big deal


Image from Pinterest

Just a few years ago, I still used to feel bad about things and people and stuff.  My conscience always worked overtime and I am sure that, too often, I wasted energy just thinking about people or events that really didn't deserve a second of my time.

Somehow, being retired and having more time on my hands to do all that I like to do, which isn't much since I live a very simple life, I have found that I seldom feel bad now.  To be more accurate, I feel less bad about failing to live up to people's expectations.  There's very little interaction with others and so less chance of me hearing about what I should or shouldn't do.

I know that sometimes I still do what I think measures up to being a decent human being but, day by day, I am learning to just be.

When I saw this image, I thought it was great because there are many moments now that I actually feel like this.  I no longer feel bad about something I used to feel bad about.

This is just something for me to save here so I can be reminded of how far I have come.  Of course, I didn't do it alone.  Along the way, many good people have told me and urged me to be happy and not to worry too much.  I'm thankful for them and it seems to be paying off.

In a nutshell, I either deal with it or it's no big deal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment