Sunday, November 18, 2018

Where do I go from here?


Image from WWW

Two months have passed since my MIL passed away.  During this time, I have thought about the questions people had asked me before, during, and even after the funeral.

"What are you going to do now?"

"How will you fill your days?"

Many different questions but all curious to know where I was headed.  And maybe it isn't a bad thing to want to have a direction.  But surely it isn't a necessity.

Stephen immediately responded to some that I was to take a break.  I was to do whatever I wanted.  I wasn't to jump into the next role of caregiver for someone else.  He's so protective of me and I always smile when I think of how he, himself, is so selfless.  But he's always protective and caring for me.

But this was an immediate change. I always knew it would come one day.  Suddenly I had nothing to do, no place to go and no one to worry over.  It was nice but it also left a small void in the life that I had become accustomed to.

So far, I've just enjoyed being still and embracing the new peace that has slowly filled the vacuum I felt from the busyness I left behind.  It isn't a difficult thing to do or not to do.  

Where do I go from here?  

To wherever life takes me...

And with a grandchild on the way, the horizon seems beautiful.  Stephen and I are excited beyond words because of all the joy that a new addition to the family can bring. 


No comments:

Post a Comment