Saturday, April 07, 2018

Lest I forget

Image from WWW
I saw this a long time ago and forgot about it.  Today, it's a good reminder to me.

Too many times, I end up doing something for a reason.  It's almost opposite of needing a reason for doing something.  Both aren't good when taken too far.

Until today I still struggle to break free from doing what I believe is best for someone else instead of what's best for me.  How did I become like this?  Perhaps it's the many years of being taught that I should be selfless.  Or it might be my secretarial training which taught me to do what's best for the boss.

I'm blessed that my husband allows me to do as I please.  More so, now that I am retired.  

It's sometimes hard for us to find the middle ground because we are opposites but we are managing quite well.  He loves the outdoor and I am just the opposite.  He enjoys travelling while I prefer to be home.  We will travel around soon and when that time comes, I'll be happy to be by his side.  But when we're stuck at home, we are also contented to be doing our own thing.


1 comment: