Saturday, March 12, 2016

4 years today

Image taken in 2012

What a life-changing move it was when I left Malaysia to live in Singapore!!!

It's been a great 4 years.  Ups and downs no doubt but like the image shows, it's beautiful whichever way it flows.

The most important lesson I've learnt is that I don't need anyone to make me happy.  I know how to be happy on my own.  It's a bonus that I have a family to share my life with but I realise that I can be happy just as easily by myself.  

I'm sometimes alone. Stephen is at work and the kids are in Malaysia but I am always able to fill my hours with things to do.  I still reluctantly go to bed at nights.  But I know I need to sleep. :)

As Stephen likes to say, "I'm sometimes alone but never lonely".  

~ ~ ~ 


3 comments:

  1. I'm so envious of you... LOL. It's great to be independent. I always feel that everyone around me is trying to run my life with all kinds of restrictions, like, 'don't drink ice-cold water; don't shower before you go to bed; don't sit at the PC for too long; don't stay at home doing nothing when you still can work..etc... But I won't let them ruin my enjoyment of life. And that often riles them up. They think I'm stubborn. Sometimes I wish to be left alone... just to explore my own thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many of our loved ones usually mean well. There are times when my husband does tell me to go to sleep when he thinks it's time for me to sleep. Sometimes he's right but sometimes I'm not ready yet. It's hard to find the balance between letting them love us and being independent. :)

      Delete
    2. Guess you're right. It's tough finding the balance. I just think I need more space.

      Delete