Monday, September 12, 2022

September to remember

GOSH!  IT'S BEEN SIX MONTHS SINCE I WROTE ANYTHING HERE!


(Image from Instagram)

I have found that life in this covid-19 era hasn't been all that bad for me.  Oh yeah, I didn't get to go back to KL for nearly two and a half years but eventually we did manage to return and spent almost a month with family and friends.

I'm a homebody so staying in doesn't get to me as much as it has to many others.  Whether we are out and about or not doesn't change that we are passing through the passage of time in our lives.  The paradox is that those who miss being able to go out, are annoyed that there are people who are quite simply satisfied not needing to go out.  And often, the ones who are home, can't fathom the need to constantly be on the go.

Overall, I've long been mindful that I have so much of what I have always dreamed about during my working days.  It was never to travel the world or to own a mansion because that's not who I am. Mostly it was a dream to be debt-free, happy, healthy and contented with life.  

Now I sleep when I want to and wake when I'm fully rested.  I watch TV, read, play online games and chat with Stephen (always an engaging partner for conversation). Our meals are when we sit opposite each other and either eat in silence because the food is so good or we talk about the latest happenings in our family and well, the world also.  Dessert depends on what is available but we usually have the same thing so it's uncomplicated.  As soon as the dishes are washed, we start thinking about tea time.  Luckily we have loads of choices because everything we like is just a bus ride or one MRT line away.  In this regard, Stephen is the obvious choice to go and get something.  More often than not, he comes back with snacks for our TV time.  We are trying (not always successfully) to only have healthy choices.  In general, life is pretty laid-back and easy.  We share chores and so the work is halved.  Of course, Stephen working from home is what makes this possible.  

Our routine makes for a life that I had hoped for but would never have imagined possible.  But here I am!  No complaints except for who is going to choose the show on Netflix!

Anyway, it's September and I want to remember that as long as you have the right partner with you, life is good.  I am just counting my blessings.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Lita. Firstly, my apologies for not replying to your comments in my blog. I wasn't sure if anyone is reading any of my posts anymore, hence have neglected to check the comments moderation page. All your comments have been awaiting moderation for more than a year! I only realized about it today when the people at Yahoo told me to check in to my email because it has been dormant for too long, otherwise they may opt to delete my account. FYI, I'm mostly use my gmail, hence the yahoo email has been fairly quiet. Anyway, nice to see you are still writing. I'm plodding on, as always... hehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need for apologies. I believe that the blogging world has reached nearly saturation point. I still write occasionally even when I think no one is ready. It's just to leave a trail for my granddaughter, if she so desires to know what I've been up to.

      What's your instagram name? Are you still posting photos there?

      Delete