Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Why I still blog

Image from www

 

When someone dies, a whole load of history goes along with them.  We no longer have a way to get that information.  I do feel this because I have questions, about some things, and no one with the answers.

I was trying to do a family tree for my granddaughter, and I couldn't fill in all the blanks. The people who would know the details couldn't remember or have already died. 

So, I blog because I reckon that someday, my child or my grandchild (or even my great grandchild!) may be curious like me.  Maybe I will have answered some questions they didn't even think about.  Or maybe I just want to leave these posts for fun!  Either way, it will serve some purpose after I am dead. 

In any case, this is just the secondary reason.  The primary reason is that I like to put my thoughts down in words.  This alone makes it worth my while!

This space, if it still exists in the future, will be a great place to take a trip down memory lane.  I share a lot about my feelings, special events, cherished loved ones, and even inconsequential stuff.  I don't know if I will always be articulate or lucid.  Hence, long after I am gone, they will be able to browse through the labels and look for something they are curious about!  Perhaps it will give an insight into who I am (or was). 


No comments:

Post a Comment