Thursday, February 28, 2013

One year already!

I made it through the first year!

Pic from here


Just wanted to mark the end of my first year of being retired.  It's been a fantastic journey of adapting and adjusting to a life without rules and regulations.

Did I miss any of it?  Yes.  To say that I don't miss anything would not be truthful.

Do I want it back?  No.  To say that I do would mean I retired too soon.

So I'm right where I want to be.  

I'm looking forward to the next 365 days of new challenges and opportunities to be even better than I am.  

Tomorrow I'll write more about my thoughts and what's going on in my mind.  Stay tuned!!!!


God bless you!



6 comments:

  1. Ah, nostalgia! April 1st marks my 36th year of retirement from the corporate treadmill :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is an amazing milestone! And April 1st!!! Nice detail!

      Delete
    2. Yah lah, Antares! How clever of you to choose April 1st!!! :)

      Delete
    3. And I thought my Feb 29 was a cool date. April 1st beats that flat! :)

      Delete
  2. I know this has been a good one year for you, Lita. And that makes me happy. I have seen too many people retire and grumble about how bored they are, and how much they miss work... yada yada yada.

    You approached this whole thing with the right mind, and so you made it work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dearest Pat, for sharing the journey with me. It has been wonderful being surrounded by those who mean so much.

      <3

      Delete