Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Love grows best in little houses.

Pic from FB

It's never been my dream to have a big house.  Maybe when I was very young, I might have thought of being a princess and living in a palace.  However, as I became older, I found that it is not the size of the home that matters.  I'm glad there are other like-minded people and  I am not alone. 

Until today, I still frown when people say I live in a 2-room apartment in Singapore.  For so long, I misunderstood what it actually meant until I found out that the living room was counted as a room!!!!

In KL, we have 3 bedrooms and it has never occurred to me to say that we have a 4-room apartment because it would give the impression that there are 4 bedrooms!  All these years when I have told Singaporeans that my KL place has 3 rooms, they must have thought I meant 2 bedrooms and 1 living room.  

For the life of me I cannot understand why Singapore has perpetuated this strange concept.  Wouldn't it be just as simple not to count the living room?  Maybe someone can educate me on the background of this idea!!!

How do they do this in other countries?  Do they say 4 rooms when they really mean 3 bedrooms and 1 living room?

I love my Singapore home even if it has only one bedroom. Everything is compact and within easy reach.  Cleaning is super easy and it's a no-fuss kind of place.

I'm not, or rather, Stephen and I are not the types where you must not do anything else but eat on the dining table.  We do whatever we want because for us, it's a multipurpose area.  It works as our desk and also as a computer table, sometimes!

I know that some people would be horrified and think that this mishmash kind of living will seem the end of a civilised life.  *guffaws*

Isn't life easier when you think outside the box?
Isn't life easier when you live happy?

I like to think that it is.

Yes, we have a small home but it's where love grows best!






1 comment:

  1. “Yes, we have a small home but it's where love grows best!” - The size of the home isn't a big deal. What's important is that you have a place to sleep, to eat, and to relax after a tiring day at work. Moreover, it's more important to have a space to call your own, to create memories and to grow love. It's indeed easier to live happy, than to have a huge house without happiness and love. Thanks for the share! It's so inspiring. :)

    Marlin Kelsey @ JohnClarksOnInsurance.com

    ReplyDelete