Thursday, September 25, 2014

Corazon = heart

Pic from WWW

When I saw this picture, I thought of Robin Williams and also of my own aunt.  They made everyone around them happy but they were lonely people.  

Yesterday was six months since my Aunt Corazon passed away from illness and today would have been her 77th birthday.

She was one of those lonely people who lived in a world of her own. Yet she always found time to make others happy.  

When I moved too far away, we talked on the phone whenever possible,  and it wasn't always happy things that she spoke about.  I guess she needed to share a lot of the heaviness she felt inside.   Often I'd make light of her complains about people but when she died, I did see that she wasn't completely wrong.  

Her first question would always be "Are you free?". She was always concerned about intruding into a person's time.  This would follow with an apology for calling.  I always smiled when she did that and I always told her that I am always free and that there was no need to apologise.

There are only a handful of people who truly love me unconditionally and Aunt Corazon was one of them.

This is why I feel her loss so deeply and I wish I could have just one more day with her.  

In life, we never really feel sadness more than when we lose someone who genuinely loved us.

I believe that in her final moments, she would have turned to God and this gives me comfort.  I've played it around and around in my head and, only recently, heard something that made sense to me.  Now I'm sure that she has perfect peace.  



No comments:

Post a Comment