Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I can...

Image from WWW

It's already the twentieth day of January and yet so much has happened but everything has worked out wonderfully.

I used to recite this bible verse, in my head, during my working days because sometimes things were so hectic that I hardly had time to breathe.  Perhaps it sounds like an exaggeration but that's how I felt too many times.  

I thought that when I retired I would find myself bored to tears after six months.  Maybe this is because many people suggested that I would not be able to do nothing after having worked for so many years. Some even suggested that it was a dangerous thing to retire so early.  "Be careful" was what I heard.  I know they all meant well but thankfully, I didn't allow those negative vibes to get to me.

The truth, for me, is that I really can do anything as long as I keep my focus on Jesus.  I don't need to be time-conscious, health-conscious etc as long as I am Christ-conscious.  

In the nearly three years since I retired, I have done a lot, both inside and outside the home.  What matters is that, at the end of the day, I feel a sense of satisfaction with all that I have done.

I am going to face the remaining days of 2015 with this same thought that I really can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.


No comments:

Post a Comment