Sunday, August 09, 2015

Singapore celebrates the big 50!

Image received via whatsapp


My day started with coffee made by my husband (Hebrews: get it!).

First thing on our agenda was to attend the 8.30 am service at NCC because we enjoy everything, everytime we are there.

We were early and while waiting, Stephen turned to me and said, "It's Singapore's celebration today and I want you to know how blessed and grateful I am that you're here with me.  I appreciate everything you do for me.  I'm so glad you're my wife"

I found it very hard to concentrate after that.  His words touched me so deeply.  I'm writing this because I want to remember this moment and some others that really makes me feel so glad to be alive.

Yesterday, I had my Long Term Visit Pass extended for another five years and just like three years ago, it was done on the eve of the National Day.

The excitement began to grow when I saw this goodie bag with some cute stuff inside.  There are dozens of designs but I love this particular one because it depicts Singapore in so many ways.  Each household gets only one and Stephen gave it to me!!!

I took this picture!

AND we had free transport to and fro this morning.  Everyone was smiling and happy.  It seemed, to me, like a rather nice way to give back to the millions of commuters.

I took this picture


Today's church service touched on the jubilee year (Leviticus 25: 8-10) which is a nice and blessed co-incidence.  One of three already but the day is still young, I expect more and maybe a miracle too!
Image received via whatsapp
The best thing for me is that I get to celebrate it with a very patriotic Singaporean. We're ready for the National Day Parade which will start at 5.45 pm.  

As I reflect on what Stephen said to me, this morning, I cannot help but feel extremely blessed today. 


These two images received via whatsapp


No comments:

Post a Comment