Monday, February 22, 2016

Forgiveness

Image from WWW


Life is filled with all sorts of good and bad events.  Inevitably people are involved and it takes the same amount of effort to remember the good memories or the bad.

I don't know exactly when but I have been able to forgive others. Not only in my mind but also in my heart because it's where the real forgiveness takes place.  

It's true that it has nothing to do with the other person.  It has to do only with our own self.  

Some time ago, I was told that not only should we forgive but we should also ask to be forgiven. This weighed heavily on me for awhile. BUT I now realise that this isn't my job. It's for others to do that for themselves.

If we attempt to atone for everything we've ever done, it's an unattainable goal.  

The Lord's Prayer goes "Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us".  I think this is enough.





No comments:

Post a Comment