Saturday, July 09, 2016

Alarm bells ringing





Woke up at 8 am but only because of the alarm.  Why did I ever think that I would never need one again? It was wishful thinking when I retired.  

Strangely during the first week of my retirement, I was up bright and early almost as if I wanted to enjoy being home during those hours instead of at work.  

But now, without an alarm ringing, I can sleep till noon!!! Mwahahahahahahaha!!!  Of course, this is only because I sometimes watch TV series till 4 am so if I wake at noon then I feel I have had the obligatory 8 hours of sleep.  And I don't always do that. I'm usually up by about 9ish unless I'm very tired.

Even if I am up early, there's always the long nap that I can take either before or after lunch to be refreshed again.  Sleeping is never a problem for me.  

I also don't suffer from insomnia.  Once I'm in bed, I fall asleep quite easily.  

There are some days when I don't want to sleep but because I have something to do very early the next day, I try to have an early night. The remedy, for me, is to read a bit and soon enough I'll be feeling sleepy. 

Life is good.  With or without alarm bells ringing, life is good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment