Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Both sides now 2.0

Image from Pinterest


I say 2.0 because I have used this title before.  Somewhere it was tucked in my memory, and I had to check before I decided to click on "publish".

People somehow tell stories based on their inflated view of themselves.  I guess it's human nature to want to be the hero or heroine of any situation.  But if you aren't the saint then shouldn't the story be less exaggerated.  

If you only did 1%, how could you possible paint yourself as having done 99%?  Yet that is how it sometimes is even when the truth is obvious.

I do check myself when I share about any experience.  I make a conscious effort not to inflate my role and true to my Asian roots, I almost always downplay what I have done.  But that's me.





No comments:

Post a Comment