Saturday, June 24, 2023

A date to remember

Image from WWW


31 years ago, I started work at the Embassy of Peru.  It was a Wednesday, and I cannot, for the life of me, remember why I didn't start on a Monday or the 1st of the next month.  

Anyway, I joined as a young and impressionable person who had skills to offer but also much to learn.  Thankfully, I had very kind and helpful colleagues who taught me all that I needed to know.

After almost 20 years of being the ambassador's secretary, I discovered more about myself than in any other period of my life. It was a time of change and evolution into who I was meant to be and though I remember some difficult times, I cherish the amazing moments more. 

I've been retired now for over 11 years.  Sometimes I still need to pinch myself when I wake up and see the life that I have now.  It is a simple life but an easy one.

Today, for instance, Stephen asked me if there was anything more that he could do for me.  Without hesitation, I know that there is nothing I need or want.  I have enough of everything.

Just remembering today's date and smiling for all the memories and milestones I have had since that day!


No comments:

Post a Comment