Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Busy living life


I always surprise myself by neglecting this blog because I have all the time in the world to do anything and everything I want.  Writing here has always been a nice hobby.  It's a way to organise my thoughts and keep them here for posterity.  Also, I may forget and so, saving them here allows me to revisit these moments.

I was in KL in the early part of January and then again for most of May.  Travelling now is via Seletar/Subang/Seletar instead of Changi/KLIA/Changi.  This tremendously cuts down the time from home to airport and vice versa. 

Although my blog title is "Busy living life", I haven't really been busy.  Most of the days just flow into the next.  I'd have to say it is a simple life.  I wake up when I'm fully rested. Usually, Stephen has already gone off to work.  He makes my coffee and puts it next to my chair.  It makes me smile every morning when I see this!  As they say, it's not what people profess with their mouths, it's their acts of love that prove what they feel.

Now that I've settled back into my usual SG routine, hopefully, I will spend more time writing on my new laptop.  New because sometimes, it is easier to just get another one instead of replacing the charger for the old one.  But, as luck would have it, the new charger works on the old one and so now we have two laptops. Stephen was actually thinking of buying two and discarding the old one!  Thankfully, he had the idea that maybe, just maybe the new charger would work on the old one!  Lo, and behold, it does.  Yay!!!!

I'm consciously cutting down on my time online.  Actually, I'm even toying with the idea of going cold turkey but what would that achieve?  I enjoy the camaraderie and the mini chats with some of the people.  I also like to think that I bring joy to people who have little or no contact with family or friends.  There are many lonely people out there.

Busy isn't a bad thing if we are also living our truth.  Doing what we enjoy and using moments to make a difference in our own as well as other people's lives is great.  


No comments:

Post a Comment