Thursday, November 29, 2012

9 months already...


If I had conceived 9 months ago, I could have had a baby right about now. It's funny how we measure our milestones by other events even when they have absolutely nothing to do with what we are celebrating.


What am I celebrating? Nine months of being official retired.

Pic from here

The first year is always dotted by the first month, the first trimester, half-year, nine months and, finally, the culmination of 12 months.

Since 2013 is not a leap year, my probation period will end at midnight on 28 February next year.  After that date, I shall consider myself to be a full-fledged retiree.

Those who know me felt that I wouldn't be able to switch from being a  full-time working wife/mom to doing nothing.  Heck, I love doing nothing.

What is the one word that can best describe my retirement so far?  

Magical.  

I cannot remember ever being happier than this.  All the sacrifices I have made, seem to have been worth it.

With the kids now all grown up and working, our life here is different.  But we've had them visit us at different times and we are so thankful for that.

Just yesterday, Stephen said that I should have retired earlier and come over here sooner.  I replied that there is a time and place for everything.

Guess what?  

This is, now, my time and my place.

Pic from FB

2 comments:

  1. Happy 9th-month anniversary! xoxo

    I agree with you about the 'right' time for everything. If it's not the right time, it will be all wrong. How profound is that?! Muahahahah!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dearie. Did you see what Stephen wrote on FB? He's so funny. So there'll be another one when I reach one year and that'll be it! Hahahahahahaha

      Delete