Sunday, December 31, 2017

Day 31 New Year's Eve

Image from Pinterest

As we go through the last 24 hours of this year, most people are wondering if they will have a better year or it will be a repeat of same ol' same ol'.

If there is one thing that I've rediscovered in 2017, it's that I am the captain of my ship and I direct the sails.  For much of my life, I've steered as I saw fit but along the way, I sort of lost the realisation that I could change the course.  

I still worried that I needed to do what people expected of me and, in so doing, I allowed my personal space and happiness to be pushed aside. Now I've taken back the rudder and I feel empowered to face 2018. 

So the new year is mine, what will I do with it?  *Rubs hands in glee*

I will do with it, whatever brings goodness to my life.  I will spend more time meditating on God's Word.  I will give permission to me to eat what I enjoy.  I will immerse myself in a healthier life.  I will do so many new and better things with my 2018. 

    


No comments:

Post a Comment