Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A bowl of mutton curry


A couple of days ago, I felt like eating a curry.  I know most people say that there's nothing more satisfying than making your own and that it would be better.  

But I am not like most people.  I love going out and looking at something that I want to eat and then buying it.  In the process of doing this, I have found many lovely places that serve food I enjoy.

This bowl of mutton curry cost S$3.50 (enough for two people).  It was absolutely delicious.  The meat was tender.  The spice level was just perfect for me. All it took was a 5 minute walk to the shop and a 2 second wait to pack it.

I wouldn't know if I could reproduce the same curry and, frankly, I wouldn't even want to try. Well, maybe one day.  LOL

Stephen and I were doing the costing for how much it would be for us to make it on our own and we gave up.  I can't even begin to name the ingredients that we would need for this curry.

Someone who lives in the US once told me that if she had food readily available she wouldn't bother to cook. This revelation made me feel a whole lot better because it's exactly how I feel. 

She, on the other hand, doesn't have much choice because eating out is expensive and it is difficult to find authentic Asian food.

Of course, there are days when we just don't feel like eating outside and those are they days when we whip up something at home.  It's all about having a choice that makes it great.  

Convenience, for me, always beats slaving in the kitchen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment