Saturday, July 08, 2023

Faded pictures and memories

 

Image from Instagram


I am not particularly photogenic.  I almost always don't like the photos taken of me.  I don't have a fixed smile that I can automatically switch on.  In short, I can't be an actress and I don't have a poker face. 

It is amazing that so many have the same look in every photo.  Do they practise in front of the camera?  I look different in almost all my photos.  Okay, some candid ones can be explained but the ones in a group or when posing for a picture?  How do they manage to perfect the smile, the look, and the pose?

Only lately, I have begun to loosen my hang ups about ugly photos of me!  Oh yes, the kids love it and save them in their handphones.  *rolling my eyes here*

Then I realise that when I am dead and gone, it is these very photos that will make them smile.  


No comments:

Post a Comment