Wednesday, July 05, 2023

Good people

 Image from eli_leo_art


Over the years, I've always felt that it is fine to be around everyone no matter who they are or whatever they say because I grew up with the notion that we are able to emerge from the negativity that sometimes emanates from them.  You know, like the saying, "The lily grows out of mud, yet it is not contaminated."

I probably conveniently overlooked the other possibility that the doom and gloom can stick in our minds.  This, then, creates a slippery slope towards thinking and dwelling in the pits of despair.

Of late, I have unknowingly moved towards and stuck with the family and friends who genuinely love and want the best for me.  It has made such a difference in my life.  They generate the good vibrations for a happy environment.  

There were so many who are happiness vampires!  They suck the smiles out of one's life.  They demand time, presence, responses, and the list goes on.  You disappoint in one and that's it!  I didn't realise it was so tiring and draining.  I stopped apologising and I let it go.  Turned out to be a life-changing decision for me! 

I recommend taking a good look at who is in your midst.  

Grow and glow!



No comments:

Post a Comment