Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Of Being Fat and Unhealthy


These days, I spend a lot of time with old people and sometimes while there are gems to learn from them, I have found that they haven't been able to let go of fallacies regarding health issues.
To most of them, if you are thin, you are weak and if you are fat, you are healthy.

They are of the notion that if you exercise and lose weight, you are doing something wrong.  If you choose a better diet and eat healthy food, you are doing something sinful.

Their favourite word is, "eat"!

I don't debate with them it because it's pointless.


2 comments:

  1. Ok, so the oldies think 'fat' is cool. Geez, I remember that they always felt my babies were not fat enough for them!! :(

    But, what do you think about the young-ones who think stick-thin is great? Mostly girls, and there's no changing their minds. I wonder how fun it would be to cuddle up to a stick?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's hard for the oldies to change their mindset. Our generation, most of us at least, have learnt that 'fat' is not cool!

      Delete