Sunday, October 21, 2012

Alone but never lonely

Pic from FB

Stephen used to say this about his life before me, "I was alone but never lonely".  He's just one of those guys that finds happiness along the way.  He doesn't sweat the small stuff and wakes up smiling and goes to sleep in two seconds.  He says it is his clear conscience.

He has faced most of the adversities in his life alone.  Yet, the strong tenacious spirit in him is what kept him moving forward.

We don't always spend all our time doing things together.  Sometimes he does his own thing and I do mine.   Then there are days when we are just so lazy to go out.  A day, like today, when it's raining and cool, and we get to stay home, totally alone, and be truly ourselves (just like it says in the picture).


5 comments:

  1. I'm told that in Singapore it's against the law to lounge around your own living room naked. Proud to claim two lovable outlaws as my friends ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh heh heh, What goes on behind closed doors, stays behind closed doors!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Now I know why you are the perfect friend - for me, at least! I'm also someone who enjoys my alone-ness, happy to be just pottering around doing what makes me happy. I don't need my world peopled with people - although they are welcomed when they are there.

    I married someone who is like your Stephen: perfectly happy on his ownsome as well - '... alone but never lonely'. I love that!

    I wonder how it would be if/when the four of us eventually meet up! Hmmm, I'm going to hafta go think-think-think about this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And as always, you could have taken these thoughts right out of my head! I guess as we grow older, we gravitate towards the people who are like ourselves. If not in talents, at least in thoughts. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more from this site,
    and your views are good in support of new viewers.


    Here is my website

    ReplyDelete