Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Why wait? Why hesitate?

Pic from Facebook

Somewhere along the way, I learnt not to hesitate when it comes to saying "I love you" to those I love.  I know it's a great habit to cultivate.  I also know that it makes many of my loved ones feel a tad uncomfortable when I say it. So many are not used to it, especially new-found friends.  

When I was working, I used to say to my colleagues, "Tell me you love me and I'll tell you some great news". Hahahaha!  Some of them got used to it and learnt to say it easily but some still couldn't bring themselves to say those three words.  

Love is not always sexual.  Sometimes you can love someone for who they are and it stops there.  It doesn't go beyond.  Only the corrupt mind sees more than what is pure and natural.

This year, many people died.  I know that when they did, many would have missed the chance of saying "I love you".  

I am sure that I make some people roll their eyes or snigger when Stephen and I are lovey dovey with each other.  But my philosophy is "Why wait?  Why hesitate?".

Tell the people you love them while they are living.  Show the people you love them, while they can enjoy it.  For when they are gone, there is just no more chance.


4 comments:

  1. I love you, Lita. And Stephen too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you know we feel the same and not ashamed to say it either. So love you right back! <3

      Delete
  2. I am with your one-hundred percent here: I am not shy about saying it, and I don't care if it makes anyone uncomfortable! I don't say it lightly, either. And if I don't like you - you'll know!! Hahahah!!

    SO: You know that I love you, but I'll say it again: I love you! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too! :)

      I probably say it to you daily via emails! LOL

      Delete