Friday, January 10, 2014

Booked. Part 1

Pic from WWW

This was me!

"WAS" because I think the last book I bought was prior to retirement.  I thought it would be a good idea to stock up on books for when I had all the time in the world to read.  This cleared my conscience to buy three bags of books (some for gifts). Plus, I wanted to max the rebate for tax purposes in 2012. 

Since moving to Singapore, I discovered our local library has a wonderful selection so that put paid to my buying any more books! 

Subsequently, a neighbour gave me a whole stack of condensed books and that certainly sealed the lid on my wanting anything else for 2013. What did they say about abundance? LOL
Pic from FB

Anyway, despite promising myself that I wouldn't buy another book till I catch up with the ones I have here and in KL, Stephen took me by surprise and suggested we get "Destined to Reign" by Pastor Joseph Prince.  As it turned out, we'd end up buying two more books: "Unmerited Favour" and "The Power of Right Believing".  

We're  both on the last book now and savouring every word.





No comments:

Post a Comment