Monday, January 27, 2014

On the subject of bicycles



Well, I don't know if this is 100% true for me because, at this moment, I cannot say that the bicycle is my favourite. The library, without a doubt, ranks high on my list of favourites.

Now that I have my own bicycle, it seems that I do like the speed.  Of course, I'm not cycling as fast as I want to but I definitely can cover more ground with a bicycle.

Stephen and I used to go to Pasir Ris, rent the bicycles and cycle around.  It was something we enjoyed doing whenever we had the time to go there.  It seemed only logical that he would eventually buy one. Then he bought a second one for Jared but now it's mine. Negotiations are ongoing for another 'nicer' bicycle for me.

Recently I followed him for an initiation night ride around our area. We covered about 6 km going from point A to point B and then back.  We cycled and walked some parts of the way. I wouldn't have been able to do this track without the bicycle.


I hope that I will be able to go further.  When alone or with Jared, Stephen can do about 20 km or more. It'll be awhile before I can match him for distance and stamina. Okay, saying 'match him' is being a bit ambitious. Perhaps 'catch up with him" would be closer to accurate. But he's a great inspiration for me to push myself and I can't think of a better coach than him.

One day, I am going to cycle to the library, on my own.  That perfect day is just around the corner.  



No comments:

Post a Comment