Sunday, January 19, 2014

Taking a leap of faith

Pic from FB
If you had asked me a year ago whether I would be interested in volunteering my services to the church, I might have said "maybe". I always had the intention to do volunteer work way before I retired.  I just hadn't found anything that piqued my interest enough.
 
And talking about interest, I was leaning towards the National Library because I love books.  

So it was between the library and the church for me but somehow nothing materialised. 
 
In the middle of last year, with Stephen's nudging, I decided to sign up as a volunteer in my church.  I didn't know what it would entail.  Anyway, they called me for an interview to get some background information so that they would know where best to deploy me.
 
To cut a long story short, I have found myself in the Champions Group which will consist of babies between 1 - 24 months.
 
It has been a long time since I  looked after babies!  Even having had experience with two, I still felt a bit of concern but after a briefing session, I realise that I won't be alone.  There will be others and I believe that I will be able to manage. Once a mom always a mom!  The instincts will kick in. 

I start today.  This blog post is scheduled to be published just at the time that I will meet with the Supervisor.
 
Somehow I feel that God has a sense of humour because I've said it before and I'll say it again, "I get on better with old people". 
 
This is a leap of faith and a calling to serve and I know that it will take me to greater heights in my spiritual journey.
 

Pic from FB

No comments:

Post a Comment