Saturday, May 17, 2014

Marriage Wisdom

Image from Facebook

I so enjoyed reading this and it is never easy to practise all of it, all of the time. However, it is a good one especially when you can nod your head to some of the things listed there.

In my marriage, Stephen is the easy-going one and I am usually the not so easy-going person although if you asked him, he would never tell you.

But we've made a good life so far and everyday is interesting because we are different.  It's what makes life a little exciting even.  

We feed off each other's strengths and overlook the weaknesses.  I believe that one of the main things to remember in a marriage is to be able to laugh at each other. Stephen says I am funny.  Well, I think that my talent at being funny is mostly hidden while his is overflowing.  

The next point is commitment.  We are committed to the same things and, more importantly, to each other.

Often we hold hands when we walk around.  I imagine the folks around here referring to us as "that couple that always holds hands". Once or twice when we didn't, we had a neighbour telling us to hold hands.  It was so funny when she did.  We felt like teenagers.

Stuck at home, on this rainy morning, I'm just thinking out loud.


No comments:

Post a Comment