Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Thinking Out Loud


Recently a friend cut me off because I didn't, couldn't meet up with her partner. At first, it was a bit distressing because it seemed like I had failed a test.  

Then I realised that we shouldn't be testing and re-testing our friends.  Once we call them 'friend', we should accept them.  


Of course, it's not that they are given carte blanche to hurt us purposefully. Because if they do that, then they are not your friend.  Real friends often hurt each other unintentionally.  That's real life.  We don't live for our friends.  We can't. Often when choices have to be made, friends take a second place to family.  At least, for me.

But having said that, there are only so many times that you can say sorry because your friend thinks you have failed them.  After a while, it gets tiresome and if they cut you off because you do not want to fall in with their ideals of you, then they've done you a favour, indirectly.

We've just got to wish them well and hope they enjoy their "perfect friends" in their "perfect world".  

Me?  I'm imperfect.  That's not going to change. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment