Saturday, September 01, 2012

Six months already



I've been jobless, retired, resting, shaking legs, having fun and doing whatever else people who don't work do!

I can't believe that six months have gone by and it seems that I didn't even realise it.

Of course, I haven't been idle.  I've been making good use of my time by being happy.

It's just amazing that I've taken to this new lifestyle like a fish to water.  Many people told me that I wouldn't be able to do nothing.  

Doing nothing is also fun.  In my world, at least, doing nothing is doing something.

I thank my husband for making it possible.  He's a wonderful 'boss' and always reminding me to 'take it easy'.

Let's see what the next six months is going to be like.  I've a feeling it's going to be better because Christmas is around the corner.

So it's six months and counting and I'm still not bored.  Not yet!




2 comments:

  1. Hahahah! What a lovely happy post!!!

    I love it that you're happy 'doing nothing' - it's a fine art, Lita. Not many can handle this.

    I think it takes someone who knows herself well, and is comfortable with whatever comes her way. Only someone like that can enjoy just doing nothing. Because, I agree: Doing nothing IS doing something, isn't it?

    I have a friend who's also retired and she just wrote me to ask how I can handle this being-at-home and not-working. She says she's going nuts!!!

    I didn't know what to say in reply at all :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely and happy comment. You always have a way with words!

      I love retirement. I don't know how I worked for over 30 years before. I must have been under some hypnotic spell and now it's broken.

      I'm with you on not knowing what to reply about the one going nuts. :/

      :)

      Delete