Friday, December 14, 2012

What's under the Christmas tree?

Pic from FB

It's not what's under the tree, anymore.  Not for me, anyway.  I've long gotten over the "I want this or that".  Now when I need something, I get it.  

I hardly ever really want something now.  Maybe it's because I have all that I need.

Several years ago in our area, we used to see a little boy named Jordan.  Stephen always gave Jordan all his coins.  Very often, Jordan would say, "I have enough".  Until today, Stephen and I remember Jordan innocently saying this.  When he's older, we'll tell him that it made such an impact on us.

We often think of him and smile when either of us say these three words.  Mostly it is me saying it because if I like something, Stephen will ask me to buy it in every colour.  All I have to say is "I have enough".  We'll both smile and there isn't any need for more words.

How many of us have enough?  

How many of us know when we have enough?

We should think of this before we buy anything that we don't need, especially if we have enough.  Especially at this time of the year when we are tempted to buy things that we want and not what we need.

Today, thanks to Jordan, I know I have enough and I am happy.  

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post! It reflects a lot of how I feel, not only about Christmas, but also about birthdays and whatever else you can think of!

    Is Jordan still around? He sounds like a brilliant boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he's grown up now. Almost my height or taller. I doubt he will remember what he said. It will be nice to let him know this. I've posted it to his mom's wall. I'm sure it'll make her heart swell with pride. :)

      Delete