Monday, December 17, 2012

Baby, it's cold outside....



It's been raining here almost everyday.  When all the windows are shut, with socks on my feet and sitting indoors, I could imagine that it was, indeed, snowing outside.  It's that cold.

There are many who succumb to the advertisements that if there isn't any snow, it isn't Christmas.  Silly of them but what can we do but smile.

Just last week, Stephen told me this story and these are his words in bold print here:


"Some people think or feel that it isn't Christmas without snow. Well, they have got it wrong. Many years ago, when I was working on the oil rigs, I sang Christmas carols while going about my work during the Christmas season. One of co-workers, who was from Australia, said to me, "Heh, what do you know about Christmas. There is no snow in Singapore."

He was from Perth. I said, "Well, it's summer time in Perth, so what do you know about Christmas?".

So let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....."




No comments:

Post a Comment