Thursday, December 27, 2012

Impressing others... Nah!!!


Somehow Christmas has become a time (for some) to impress rather than to express love and kindness.

People rush out to buy the most expensive bag, shoes, clothes, toys and whatever else.  

The bigger the tree, the better they think it is!

The more lights, the brighter they think it is!

Could it be a masquerade instead?  I can only wonder.

I know there are some people who didn't even put up a Christmas tree in their home or room.  Yet, I think they know more about the spirit of Christmas than those that did.

I love Christmas and everything that comes with it but I want to keep the right spirit of giving and forgiving during this wondrous time of the year.

I think it's good to sit back and ponder over the immeasurable value of our family and friends.  Thankfully, I am blessed with so many good people in my life.  I don't have to think too hard or look too far.





No comments:

Post a Comment